Follow us on Twitter @mysexprofessor. Follow Jeana, the author of this post, @foxyfolklorist.
Jeana Jorgensen, PhD recently completed her doctoral degree in folklore and gender studies at Indiana University. She studies fairy tales and other narratives, dance, body art, feminist theory, digital humanities, and gender identity.
It’s important for both potential and current sexual partners to be able to give informed consent to participating in sexual acts, which includes, among other things, knowledge about one’s STI status. STIs like herpes are much more prevalent than they [...]
- Assessing Facts About Abortion And Contraception
- What Would You Choose: Making Rent or Having Sex?
A new report from the Guttmacher Institute demonstrates that the national abortion rate has dropped recently. Moreover, this drop is not correlated with a decrease in the number of accessible providers. What does this all mean? Will Saletan at Slate [...]
- Where's The "Pro-Life" Outrage Over Forced Sterilization?
- Revisiting "Safe, Legal, And Rare"
Actually, this fabulous blog post by my feminist friend Xenologer is less of a collection of tips and more of a comprehensive guide to understanding how male privilege can negatively affect the interactions of well-intentioned men with women. Using simple [...]
- Why Beyoncé is My New Favorite Feminist
- Understanding "White Feminism"
Yesterday, I was in the passenger seat of my roommate’s car. We were guiltily enjoying some Top 40 in the background as we enjoyed the gorgeous scenery, when suddenly we were accosted by these lyrics: “Can you blow my whistle [...]
- A Genital-Themed Musical: Me and My Dick
- 10 Love Songs to Fall in Love By
The 2012 U.S. elections were important for a number of reasons. From a women’s issues perspective, one of the most significant occurrences was the election of 20 female senators to Congress, the most who have ever served. Also notable is [...]
- "A" Pregnant CEO or "The" Pregnant CEO?
- Women's Rights After The Libyan Revolution