Oh, the conundrums of modern society. To wax or not to wax? What about health issues? Listen to my response to a question about this very topic of whether one can get chlamydia from a bikini wax on this recent Kinsey Confidential podcast.
About Dr. Debby Herbenick
Dr. Debby Herbenick is a sex researcher at Indiana University, sexual health educator at The Kinsey Institute, columnist, and author of five books about sex and love. Learn more about her work at www.sexualhealth.indiana.edu.
Half a year ago, I wrote a blog post called “On Being A Sex Educator When You’re Not,” which related my experiences of acting like a sex educator when people in my life needed access to that sort of information. [...]
- Bystepping Stigma By Easily Locating STI Clinics
- Assessing Facts About Abortion And Contraception
It’s important for both potential and current sexual partners to be able to give informed consent to participating in sexual acts, which includes, among other things, knowledge about one’s STI status. STIs like herpes are much more prevalent than they [...]
- The Must-Read Article On Herpes
- Informed Consent: Risk Assessment vs. Stigma
Recently I was interviewed for a Kinsey Institute audio podcast about women, sex, pleasure and my new book Because It Feels Good: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Pleasure & Satisfaction. Raina (the interviewer) was delightful to talk with – she [...]
- Kinsey Confidential Podcast: Boyfriend's orgasm takes a long time from oral sex
- Kinsey Confidential Podcast: Thinking about having sex with other men or women?