Oh, the conundrums of modern society. To wax or not to wax? What about health issues? Listen to my response to a question about this very topic of whether one can get chlamydia from a bikini wax on this recent Kinsey Confidential podcast.
About Dr. Debby Herbenick
Dr. Debby Herbenick is a sex researcher at Indiana University, sexual health educator at The Kinsey Institute, columnist, and author of five books about sex and love. Learn more about her work at www.sexualhealth.indiana.edu.
Like many sex educators I know, my very first sex ed gig was taking part in my undergrad university’s peer education program. Getting the training and the opportunity to deliver sex ed was a powerful experience for me and a [...]
- Thanksgiving: Sex Things to be Thankful For
- When Abstinence-Only Sex Education Is Against Your Religion
As part of my informed consent post series, I’d like to talk about the issue of risk assessment regarding STIs when deciding whether to have sex with someone, and how to grapple with the problem of stigma. I wrote about [...]
- Teens And STI Results Via Text Message
- Strap-On Sex Shouldn't Hurt!
Recently I was interviewed for a Kinsey Institute audio podcast about women, sex, pleasure and my new book Because It Feels Good: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Pleasure & Satisfaction. Raina (the interviewer) was delightful to talk with – she [...]
- Kinsey Confidential Podcast: Boyfriend's orgasm takes a long time from oral sex
- Kinsey Confidential Podcast: Thinking about having sex with other men or women?