An Almost Deadly Love-Bite

Image courtesy of e-how.com

A New Zealand woman was recently hospitalized after suffering a post-sex stroke. According to the article written about the incident, she was sitting in a chair watching television post-coitus when she experiences a loss of sensation in her left arm. She was rushed to the hospital, but the only injury was a hickey on the right side of her neck. Doctors believe that there was a fair amount of “suction” involved (no, really?) which led to a clot in an artery underneath the hickey, which had moved into the heart, giving the woman a stroke.

Though the clot was fully treated within a week, the woman remains paralyzed in her left arm. So let this be a warning to all you necking fans out there- just take some anti-coagulants first.

About Michaela

Michaela

Michaela is a recent Seven Sisters graduate with a self-designed degree in Sexuality Studies. When she's not blogging, you'll find her teaching Health and Wellness and A Cappella to high school students, helping women find properly fitting bras, and working as an editor on a documentary. She hopes to continue her education one day with a PhD in Feminist Anthropology.