Oh my! Chromosomal testing for "suspected males" posing as female… possible genital/gyn exams… and more. It’s that time again, when the Olympics brings sex and gender issues under intense scrutiny. You can read the full New York Times article here.
About Dr. Debby Herbenick
Dr. Debby Herbenick is a sex researcher at Indiana University, sexual health educator at The Kinsey Institute, columnist, and author of five books about sex and love. Learn more about her work at www.sexualhealth.indiana.edu.
For the final post in this series (here are links to Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3) we’ll examine the final 3 characteristics of minority groups based on a sociological list of 5 traits that minority groups tend to [...]
- Does Being Gay Make You A Minority? Part 3
- Does Being Gay Make You A Minority? Part 2
Australians will often tell overseas visitors that Aussie Rules Football, or simply â€˜footy,’ is like a religion. It’s rare to find an Aussie who doesn’t passionately support an AFL (Australian Football League) team and team rivalries are deeply entrenched in [...]
- Rock Climbing Is The Sexiest Sport (According To Women)
- Ever Thought Rugby Was More Than A Bit Homoerotic? Then You'll Love This Video.
Our society needs categories in able to function (or so it seems). These categories come in handy when we’re collecting data for the Census, but the rest of the time, they tend to do more harm than good. In the [...]
- Let's Talk About Sex (Seriously)
- Vibrator Research Study - Looking for Participants!