Today is my birthday! Well, sort of. I’m writing this on Monday so that on my actual birthday (Wednesday) I can do birthday things rather than sit at my computer all day. So, I’m writing this from the past. Or you’re reading this from the future. Except it’s the present to you. Oh, wow. Let’s skip the brain burst and get right to the round-up:
- Dan Savage shows how the culture war about same sex couples and families is being won in our living rooms – and with compassion and hot dance moves, not hate [Slog]
- The LA Times profiles the Kinsey film collection and, most notably, our rare collection of stag films [LA Times]
- Sex blogger Clarisse Thorn has a new blogging space over at clarissethorn.com/blog
- Sex educator and About.com Guide Cory Silverberg gives us some things to think about in regard to sex resolutions [About.com]
- Scientific American looks at the Origin of Sex [Scientific American]
- Do female chimps play with dolls, or rather sticks that are like the human version of dolls? [Science News]
And if you feel like celebrating my birthday with me, consider making a tax deductible donation to the It Gets Better Project, the goal of which is to help lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth know that life does indeed get better. Hope, my friends, is priceless.