Love the Hitachi Magic Wand but hate the fact that it needs to be plugged in? Yeah, me too. Worry not, my dear MSP readers- the solution is here. The Vibratex Mystic Wand solves that problem, and has some fun extra features to boot.
This adorable toy, available at Good Vibes, is a great Hitachi alternative. It maintains the same famous “wand” shape, with a few important tweaks. Ridges along the head and neck (if you will) of the toy allow for a greater range of motion and flexibility, while its 6 different speeds keep things interesting. Here are my thoughts.
What I love:
- The size! It’s big (and heavy) enough to feel like a solid, sturdy toy, yet it’s not as bulky and cumbersome as the Hitachi.
- The price. At $68, it’s only $13 more than the Hitachi, and with all of the extra benefits of the Mystic Wand, it’s definitely worth the bump in price.
- It’s water-resistant! This means your sexy-time opportunities are pretty much limitless. But please don’t try to test the waters by submerging the wand for five minutes…there’s a difference between “resistant” and “proof”…and all you’ll get is a leaky toy.
- It’s flexible. The silicone head has lots of twisty ridges that allow you to access any nook or cranny that you need to. This also allows for easier use with a partner, as a hard, straight toy is often awkward to maneuver on somebody else’s body.
What I don’t love:
- It’s not exactly energy-efficient. The Mystic Wand uses four AA batteries, and isn’t rechargeable. You could, of course, use some rechargeable batteries, but I still prefer toys that come with a charger. That being said, it still beats having to be plugged in!
How it rates:
Ease of Use: 5
Stealth: 5 (it even comes with an adorable pouch for transport!)
If you’re looking for a wireless, handheld vibrator for external stimulation that packs a strong punch, the Mystic Wand is a great choice! Head on over to www.goodvibes.com to check out the Mystic Wand and thousands of other amazing toys.
Follow us on Twitter @mysexprofessor