Okay, a few things:
1. I am all for variety when it comes to sex.
2. I think it’s kind of funny when people combine pop culture and sex (how many men out there have wanted to re-enact George Costanza’s desire to have a sandwich during sex?)
3. It can be good to explore different positions for both partner sex and solo sex.
Now that you know all of the above, I’ll say that I have heard from several college-aged guys who used to use similar “Superman positions” during masturbation (basically rub their genitals over the side of the bed; I am not sure if they actually did the Superman arm position or if they played Superman theme music while doing so, but the genital position seems close to what they described). For some guys, this is no problem. But for others, who got used to this and only this one way of self-stimulating, it occasionally became difficult to learn to ejaculate or orgasm from other sources of stimulation such as oral sex, hand masturbation or intercourse.
What’s the lesson? Vary your techniques, explore by yourself or with a partner (if you have a partner), don’t pressure on yourself about what you should or shouldn’t be doing or experiencing, consider sex as something fun and enjoyable (or at least something that has the potential to be fun and enjoyable) and if you find you need help with anything – like learning to ejaculate or orgasm from different forms of stimulation, you can connect with a certified sex counselor or therapist through the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists.
To learn more detailed information about sex techniques and positions such as the hip tilt move, woman on top squatting, and how to use sex toys with a partner to make it easier for women to orgasm) check out my fun new book Because It Feels Good: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Pleasure and Satisfaction (save money by pre-ordering your copy on Amazon).
Related MSP Posts:
- MSP Sex Position of the Week: Coital Alignment Technique (Click HERE to read)
- MSP Sex Position of the Week: Woman on Top (Click HERE to read)
- How to have sex in the shower: Five tips (Click HERE to read)
- Playing with Men’s Testicles: Fun Sex Games (Click HERE to read)
- Multiple Orgasms for Women and Men: What You MUST Know (Click HERE to read)