Whew. It’s been a chaooooooootic couple of weeks. Sorry if it felt like I was MIA at times.
Last week, I was in Philly for the American Public Health Association meeting at which I gave two talks: one about women’s use of lurbicants (turns out most women in our study didn’t experience genital irritation to any of the 6 water or silicone based lubes we tested – hoozah!) and sexual behavior in the US. Then it was off to Chicago to tape a PBS special about HPV and women’s sexuality, then to Cinci for The Patty Brisben Foundation’s annual gala.
This week I went to NYC to tape an episode of The Tyra Banks Show (air date TBA) which was interesting and inspiring as always and to attend other work meetings. Now I am back at home and at work with Jezebel sleeping nearby (she’s such an angel).
So what has happened lately that we should discuss? For starters, how about:
- The slight concern in Texas that they may have accidentally banned marriage for heterosexual people, too (Economist)
- An MSNBC video about foods that may help in the bedroom (MSNBC)
- Esquire asks – and quotes me – about how much her friends know about your sex life (Esquire); this morning I got a text from a friend this morning that said “reading quote by u in esquire at jfk” (thanks for the heads up, G!)
- An article that discusses the clash between thoughts on female genital circumcision vs. mutilation (Berkeley Electronic Press)
- Time.com explores female sexual dysfunction, asking “myth or malady?” and quotes me in regard to desire medications that are currently undergoing research testing (Time)
- Oh, and I had such fun signing books at various bookstores! If you’d like a signed copy of my Because It Feels Good book, there may still be some left at the following stores so call or stop by or see if they will ship one to you:
- CHICAGO: Borders on Michigan Ave (312.573.0564)
- CHICAGO: Barnes and Noble on S State
- NYC: Barnes & Noble at 66th & Broadway (Lincoln Triangle; 212.595.6859)
- NYC: Borders at Penn Plaza (212.244.1814)
- NYC: Borders at Columbus Circle (212.823.9775)
- NYC: Borders on Park Ave & 57th (I think); 212.980.6785
- NYC: Borders at 32nd & 2nd (212.685.3938)
- NYC: Strand Books at 12th & Broadway (212.473.1452)