I found this amusing infographic and it has shattered my lifelong dream of conducting official business in the Nevada legislature while wearing a penis costume. Most of the crazy sex laws pictured are similarly silly, but I find it unsettling that people felt the need to legislate against them in the first place.
My boyfriend and I went to a Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit at the local art museum, and as we were climbing the stairs to get to the display—I noticed this painting on the staircase. The artist, Ryotaro Tokita, left the piece untitled, [...]
- My Name is Strong: Raising Awareness About Gender-Based Violence Through Art
- Does Storytelling Require Rape?
The Guardian documents a new study reporting on why women in the sciences are leaving academia at much greater rates than men. According to the study’s results, the number of women in science PhD programs who report wanting to remain [...]
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching Masters of Sex (Photos NSFW)
- Theorizing Consent
In light of California’s mandatory condom laws for adult performers, I’ve been thinking about why governments feel the need to step in and legislate sex work (I say legislate when often it is criminalized, but here I’ll be focusing on [...]
- Carrying Multiple Condoms Is Proof Of Prostitution?
- Legalized Sex Work in Victoria, Australia