I found this amusing infographic and it has shattered my lifelong dream of conducting official business in the Nevada legislature while wearing a penis costume. Most of the crazy sex laws pictured are similarly silly, but I find it unsettling that people felt the need to legislate against them in the first place.
My boyfriend and I went to a Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit at the local art museum, and as we were climbing the stairs to get to the display—I noticed this painting on the staircase. The artist, Ryotaro Tokita, left the piece untitled, [...]
- My Name is Strong: Raising Awareness About Gender-Based Violence Through Art
- Does Storytelling Require Rape?
I live (and love) Ohio, and have written about some issues that have happened in my beloved state before. On my commute home, I heard a local radio show talking about someone Sexy. Well, she isn’t Sexy yet, but she [...]
- Sex As A Universal Human Right
- Why Beyoncé is My New Favorite Feminist
In light of California’s mandatory condom laws for adult performers, I’ve been thinking about why governments feel the need to step in and legislate sex work (I say legislate when often it is criminalized, but here I’ll be focusing on [...]
- Carrying Multiple Condoms Is Proof Of Prostitution?
- Legalized Sex Work in Victoria, Australia